Feeling Stressed? Go Break Something. Here’s How!
Mindbody Wellness Clarity Tip
Dear Awesome Woman,
Feeling stressed over what’s going in the world today? Or at least over what’s going on in your little world today? Here’s a quick tip to release the stress that may be building up into tension in your body.
As I’ve talked about in many newsletters, tension in the mind or body can lead to aches and pains, dis-ease, anxiety, auto-immune disorders etc. If you hate pain as much as I do, then here’s something to try that can offer a release of that tension, helping energy flow and perhaps preventing full blown mindbody symptoms.
Go Break Something. Here’s how:
1. Grab a glass jar or ceramic plate that breaks easily and that you don’t want anymore. I use leftover glass pickle jars, salsa jars, old chipped plates etc. that I’ve put aside just for doing this release exercise.
2. Wrap the breakable thing in a grocery store plastic bag and tie a double knot. Then take that bag and wrap it up in another grocery plastic bag and double knot that one.
3. Go outside (I go in my backyard) and find a place of concrete or rock—preferably a place where people don’t walk barefoot just in case any glass escapes.
4. Bring the bag up high with both hands and then with the intention in mind that you’re willing to release the need for whatever is bothering you, throw it down on the ground. The spot will remain safe because the plastic bags contain the spillage of glass.
5. Enjoy the rewarding crashing sound and feel the extra space in your chest to breathe because you’ve released some tension from within. Enjoy knowing that destruction makes way for positive creation. Enjoy having released something from your mind—a limitation of sorts.
I do this exercise whenever I feel like it—it just feels good and it’s a safe release of energy. My teenager loves doing this too and so does my husband.
Day to day challenges are a part of life and having safe ways to release frustration, anger, grief and disappointment is so healthy for us— mind, body and soul.
Feel free to forward this to friends 🙂
Got a question on accessing your body’s powerful inner resources and soul wisdom? Schedule your free Clarity Call today. As a Somatic Healer & Clarity coach, I specialize in personal coaching for women seeking more health and joy in their ever-changing lives. I can help you tap into your own abundant source of healing capabilities and intuitive wisdom to create wellness in your relationships, careers and health. Yes, you can have a life filled with clarity and vitality. Looking forward to connecting with you 🙂
If you’re in a toxic relationship or want to know what the signs of one are, please download your free gift : ‘Escape From The Borderline/Narcissist’s Web’ eguide. You deserve kindness and respect.
Sending blessings for peace and safety,
Miriam Racquel (Meryl)
Somatic Healer & Clarity Coach